Sunday, September 25, 2011

Patience

Our Facebook, and other outreach efforts have far exceeded our expectations.  I remember thinking about what outreach was going to be like and thinking that I'd never be able to do that, that we'd never be able to reach very many people, and - hoo boy - would that ever be way outside of my comfort zone.

What's interesting is how my comfort zone seems to be expanding.  I mean, there are some areas that are still beyond what feels comfortable to me, but I push myself little by little and allow this experience to help us grow. 

There is this saying in the adoption world that "we all get the children we are meant to have."  It's a  test of patience and a realization that this, none of this, is on my own schedule.  Learning how to give up my need for control, and embrace that idea -- that we all get the children we are meant to have, are part of this growth experience.

We're essentially in patience mode, for now, so we plan to take this opportunity to introduce a little bit more of ourselves to all of you.  Some of it will likely not be as deep and meaningful as others, but
we're hoping this will paint a more vivid picture of the kind of people we are, and the kind of parents we'll be. 

By the way, only 13 more Facebook "likes" until Todd writes again.  I know he has everyone waiting on pins and needles, but I may rope him into co-authoring some of these upcoming "getting to know us" updates in the very near future!  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I think it's really neat to watch your comfort zone expanding through this process and see you embrace the change. I can't wait to read your "getting to know us" updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote, and how true! How exciting to create the family you were meant to have! ;-)

    ReplyDelete