Thursday, September 15, 2011

Now its Todd's Turn to Blog

Well, Time to keep up my end of the bargain and blog since we hit the 175 mark (We are now at 192 by the way).  So lets get started shall we.

Chicken is good........Peas are best from the garden.........and the thing that ties it all together, CHEESE!!!

But seriously, I thought I would put in my 2 cents about my adoption journey so far. Some words that come to mind first off are scary and exciting all at the same time.  At first, I was not very convinced when Shell brought up the words Adoption.  But after a few mini talks about it, I was about 80% on board with it.  Then came our first all day meeting and by this time I was about 90% on board.  The thing that really brought me over the edge was a speaker during the all day meeting.  I can't remember her name but I still to this day remember one phrase that she said:

"Would you rather have a baby in the stomach or a baby on the hip?"

That really hit home with me because it really brought home the whole point of adopting.  Its not about having a child with your DNA, its about making a family of your own.  And that fact really hit me the hardest and made me 110% on board with adoption.  Once we bring our infant home for the first time, they will be a Suhr no matter who gave birth to him/her.  I also feel as if this is a calling for us in that we have a great support system in place and just the way things have been falling into place.

Also, myself and Shell would like to thank everyone who has "Liked" and "Shared" our adoption FB page and the link to the website and the blog site here.  We started the whole outreach process a little nervous about what would happen and so far with just a week started, we could not be happier with the results.  Every night we look at the numbers and just see how much we have grown and every day we say Thank You to all the people who are out there promoting us.  We know its a long process but we look forward to sharing it all with you.

Well, I know alot of people who know me were expecting a more comedic post........Well, here are a couple pics for those people and maybe in the future, I may post another blog or 3.  Again, thanks everyone and lets keep this ball a rollin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment