Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lightening Up

It has come to our attention that an unintended side effect of reading this blog is crying.  Time to lighten this thing up.  Here you go!

 Taken from the very appropriately named:

Four people are laughing at that right now, and one of them is me. 

If you're reading this, you likely already know that Todd has promised to write a blog entry when we reach 175 "likers" on Facebook.  I've been trying to give him some guidelines without infringing on his creative freedom, but when I asked him what he wanted to write about, his initial response was "chicken."  Right.  This is going to be interesting.

In the meantime, I am wondering if I can ask you to chime in on something for us? 
I made these business cards:

 

...and I have no idea what to do with them.  People mostly seem confused by them when we pass them out, and I'm not really sure where to post them.  My original idea had been to just toss them up in the air and let fate take control of the situation, but nobody seems to think that's a very good idea either.  So, let's hear it!  Your suggestions are welcome and much appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, maybe local churches? I would also call and see if various pregnancy crisis centers have a somewhere they put such things. I would google it and see. Are you on twitter? I would start a new account linked to your blog, and then i would start following and talking with people on twitter. Everytime I make a status I get people starting to follow me based on the topic of my status, so I am sure you would start attracting that crowd. I bet there is a lot of support to be had out there. Also, have you looked at babycenter.com? They have adoption circles. I have ideas on social networking, but those people would have answers to things like the business card questions. They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda - I am missing the piece of my brain that understands Twitter. I'm not even sure how to link my blog to twitter (or vice versa, or...whatever). However, that is an excellent suggestion and I will definitely attempt the twitter route. Thank you, also, for the link! I will explore that as well. Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send a couple of dozen to everyone on your Xmas card list, ask them to mail them out with their Xmas cards or post them on bulletin boards at their local churches, colleges and Planned Parenthood centers. Contact County Human Services and offer a few to them for their case workers to give out. Visit all the OB/GYN offices in a 100 mile radius and leave a few there. Visit the guidance counselors office at all the area high schools and leave them a few too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea about sending them to those on our xmas card list and asking them to forward and/or distribute. I like that -- they either can, if they want to, or they can toss 'em and we'll never know! We did check with Planned Parenthood centers in our area and were told they do not post things like this there. Todd gave one to our doctor. We will have to look into your other suggestions. You are awesome - thank you so much!! -- Shelly

    ReplyDelete