Thursday, March 1, 2012

A February Retrospective

We didn't write much in February, and when we did update the blog, it was fairly photo heavy so I thought I'd give a brief February (Random) Retrospective.

It was my birthday - and we celebrated with a little weekend getaway.  We had great food and great fun.  As a birthday present, Todd had bought me tickets to see my favorite comedian, Mike Birbiglia.  We had seats so close it we could have been sitting in his lap.  If you've never heard of Mike Birbiglia, you're missing out.  Here's a sample:



NOTE:  This is not my favorite bit by him.  He does a bit about the Scrambler that literally has me falling out of my chair every single time I hear it.  Unfortunately, the internet does not seem to contain a good copy of this which I guess means that you're going to have to see him live to get the experience!

It was also Daisy's birthday!  Our little goober is two years old! 

Birthday girl with party carnage behind her
She didn't get a weekend getaway or a comedy show, but we did give her an extra treat and she seemed to enjoy our squealing and fussing over her.  She pranced around like a real princess all night long. 

The rest of the month was spent recovering from all the birthday festivities!  Last weekend I spent with two girls I've been babysitting since they were 5 and 7.  They are teenagers now - which pretty much blows my mind.  I don't see them as often as I used to, so it blows me away how much they've grown and how mature they are.  We had fun watching the last Harry Potter movie (I hadn't seen it yet!).  It's our tradition to have macaroni and cheese and hotdogs for dinner when I'm staying with them.  I've told them 100 times that I can make more things than that, but ever since they were little it's what they've always wanted when I'm there and it's become our own tradition.  It was really fun to catch up - they're a reminder to me of how fast time flies, and how much I look forward to building new traditions with our own children someday.

Finally, my sister-in-law unearthed this picture of me:


This was taken shortly after Todd and I got home from our honeymoon.  We had stopped by Todd's parents house to catch up with them.  We were sitting around talking and catching up and the next thing I knew our little (ugh, not so little anymore!) nephew had crawled into my lap and fallen asleep.  It's one of my favorite pictures - and while it happened 4 years ago rather than last month, I just finally got my hands on it last month and wanted to share!

So -- we've been busy.  March is shaping up to be another busy month.  Todd has gotten back to work scraping the wallpaper off the nursery so hopefully we'll have some forward momentum on that soon!  Spring is coming -- and with it, renewed hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment