Thursday, February 23, 2012

Super Happy Fun Times

I made Todd remove a picture of me from his last post.  For those of you who missed it, it was an unbelievably unflattering picture of me with a glass of wine in one hand and a stogie hanging out of my mouth.  The picture is more than 6 years old and is certainly not any kind of indication of the life we lead now (I mean, I don't even like stogies!  And we don't smoke!) but I got some feedback that it wasn't an appropriate picture for this blog, so I took it down.  I feel a little weird about that.  Like we're trying to hide something.  The intent of the picture was to make you laugh.  Todd swears its the second picture I ever sent to him, and that's just nuts because it's not a good picture of me at all.  But the way he used it and the way he posted it were intended to be funny.  I had put a disclaimer on it that stated I do not condone wine or stogies - so it may have seemed like I wasn't comfortable with him posting it.  And, well, I wasn't.  I looked terrible!  But the truth of the matter is that I was giggling while I wrote the disclaimer.  I didn't think any harm would come of it, and I didn't want to overthink it. 
In any case, I had him take it down.  But because I'm still not convinced that taking it down was the right answer, I want to replace it with a bunch of goofy/silly/unflattering pictures of us having fun.  Part of the intent of that picture was to show that we can be goofy and silly and fun.  So - this blog post is dedicated to our "Super Super Happy Fun Times."

SHELLY & TODD'S



This is totally our "album cover"
Karaoke!  We had no idea how much we loved karaoke until we tried it.  Of course, in this particular picture we're singing at the table (with our friend Pam!) but it turns out - we love karaoke!


Camping!  This is an older picture, back when we actually hung out on sandbars.  We do a much more loosely defined type of camping these days, but it's still one of our favorite activities. 


Dancing!  Ok, so it's mostly at weddings.  But we both have been known to kick up our heels when the occasion calls for it.





Halloween!  Or maybe this one is just a love of wigs?  And also - Rock Band.

My sister and I blissed out over Keith Urban.
Concerts!  We LOVE concerts!  Concerts are probably one of my favorite things - I love the energy of live music.  Todd and I have significantly different tastes in music, but we've found a few artists that we both enjoy and get out to their concerts as often as possible.

Fresh from the ocean in North Carolina

Enjoying Serendipity in Las Vegas

Todd and my Grandma goofing off in Utah

Our turn to goof off in Utah!

Traveling!  We loooove traveling.  Jamaica, Las Vegas, California, North Carolina, Utah -- and we're just getting started.  We love exploring new places!


Outside of Bubba Gump's at the Mall of America

I...have no idea.  I was traveling without Todd and I sent him this picture in case he missed me.

Todd got friendly with our towel art in Jamaica


Being ridiculous is something I plan to nurture in my children the same way my mom nurtured it in me.
Our very own "awkward family photo"


Todd at the zoo.  It's safe to say that we enjoy zoos in the same way that children do!

Todd was sad about being thrown in jail in the old west. 
And, of course, one of our favorite, and most common happy fun time activities, is us just plain being ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. Dave sez,

    These are such FUN looking photos!

    I'm not a smoker, so I'm sort of biased against smoking in general. Now, those that DO smoke, I don't hate you as people. I enjoy a drink now and again, but most people including your doctor will multiply the number of drinks you admit to having. I say I enjoy a drink, which could be seen and heard as TWO. If I say two, that could be seen and heard as three.

    You two are going to have so much fun as parents. Just remember it IS fun.

    :)

    ReplyDelete