Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Favorites

Christmas season is in full swing now.  We actually had a small Christmas celebration with my dad's side of the family yesterday.  This Friday we'll move full steam ahead with celebrations that begin Friday and don't end til Sunday afternoon.  Since we're in the spirit of the season now - we thought we'd share some of our favorites with you.

Favorite Christmas Song - Todd:
That’s a tough one because I like so many but the ones I do like are the older style ones from like the 40’s and 50’s and all of the Burl Ives songs he does.


Shelly's note:  Yeh.  That's what he SAYS.  However, he posted on Facebook today that THIS is his new favorite Christmas song.  Of course...:


Favorite Christmas Song - Shelly:
I just adore the whole Andy Williams Christmas album, I think it's my favorite album of all time  I remember dancing around with my mom and my sister while getting ready for Christmas Eve mass.  It's a classic and it's one of the truest signs of Christmas for me. 



In recent years I have also completely fallen crazy in love with this song:


When Sarah McLachlan hits those "hallelujah's" - well, let's just say I've been known to get all choked up (much to Todd's alarm).  LOVE.

Favorite Christmas Movie - Todd:
A Christmas Story, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Rudolph, Frosty, Kris Kringle ( Claymation)

Todd can watch this movie over and over again.
One of his favorite parts of Christmas is the
A Christmas Story marathon on TV.

Favorite Christmas Movie - Shelly:
I have a lifelong love of Dr. Seuss, so I'm going to go with "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (the original, cartoon version) on this.  Other favorites include:  National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and Elf


Favorite Christmas Memory - Todd:
Visiting santa, Egg bake in the morning, sledding and Christmas Day at my Grandma's followed by making and eating home made ice cream

Favorite Christmas Memory - Shelly:
That breathless, nervous /anxious energy I had as a kid while we waited for Santa to show up to deliver presents.  Family in every room, the loud dull roar of conversation and laughter and then that moment when the doorbell rang and you just knew who was going to be on the other side of that door. 

Favorite Christmas Tradition - Todd:
having the tree decorated shortly after thanksgiving, being able to go to all our families celebrations, looking forward to making and creating more

Favorite Christmas Tradition - Shelly:
Chili with my family on Christmas eve followed by gifts from Santa then gifts from family.  The small traditions that Todd and I have started for our own little family - putting up and decorating the tree, our little gift exchange on Christmas morning.  Like Todd said - we can't wait to start so many more traditions with our own kids. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey - that's my Christmas CD! The one I should have gotten when Sara ordered it and it came as an album! My very favorite one too - and next would be Anne Murray. And my favorite song - The Little Drummer Boy - makes me cry. And Charlie Brown Christmas.....and memory - trying to keep the kids from looking out the front door so Santa could get there without his reindeer. MY favorite kid memory was when we lived in Elton Hills and I was probably 5 or 6 and Santa rang the door bell but just left a bag of presents - I went outside and searched the sky FOREVER looking for his sled.....
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete